200g Red Split Lentils
500ml Vegetable Stock
1 onion roughly chopped
10 Cloves of garlic chopped
1-2 Chillis chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 Cumin seeds
1 Tin of Tomatoes
1 tsp Garam Masala
Bunch of Fresh Coriander Chopped
Bayin Sesame Oil
Bayin Nut & Bean Mix (Optional, but as much as you like!)
1. Add lentils, Vegetable Stock, Coriander, Turmeric and Cumin into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Skim off any scum that rises to the top. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer.
2. Heat Bayin Sesame oil in a pot. Once hot add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
3. Add the onion, chilli’s and garlic – make sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Cook for a couple of minutes until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the tin of tomatoes and cook down until it is like a paste.
5. Once the lentils are cooked pour them into the pot with the fried mixture. Add the Garam masala and stir. Cook for another couple of minutes.
6. Once plated up sprinkle fresh chopped coriander and Bayin nut and bean mix over each dish.