1 Can of Chickpeas drained and patted dry.
Bunch of fresh Parsley or Coriander or both.
4 Garlic Gloves
15g Sesame Seeds
1½ tsp Cumin
Pinch of ground Coriander
3-4 tbsp Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tbsp Bayin Sesame oil
1. Add Chickpeas, herbs, shallots, garlic, sesame seeds, cumin, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse to combine.
2. Add flour 1 tablespoon at a time and mix to combine until no longer wet and you can make balls with the dough.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and pop into the fridge for couple of hours to allow the dough to firm up. If you are in a rush you can skip this part.
4. When ready to cook. Scoop out small amounts of the dough (a rounded tablespoon) and form into discs
5. Heat a frying pan with Bayin Sesame oil. Once the oil is hot add in your falafels.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned on both sides. You want them to be crispy on the outside. Serve with salad, pitta bread and hummus.